Finding your kith and kin
Researching your family tree can be difficult and time-consuming, but Genealogy and You is here to help! I will use my experience and research skills to find the information you’ve been looking for, helping you learn more about your extended family.
Many of the most popular and reliable online archives require a subscription. I have access to many of these, so you can benefit from the information within them.
If you would like to undertake some research for yourself, the links below may be invaluable.
Free genealogy archives
If you are starting the process of discovering your family history, there are some excellent free to use archives available that can provide you with basic information. These include:
- Familysearch.org – million of records compiled by the Church of Latter Day Saints
- Freebmd.rootsweb.com – records of births, marriages and deaths
- Freereg.org.uk – an archive of early parish records
- Irishgenealogy.ie – Invaluable resource provided by the Irish Government
- CyndisList.com – Cyndi’s List is free for everyone to use and it is an excellent starting point when researching online.
Subscription genealogy sites
As mentioned, many of the most complete archives require a subscription. Here are some of the most popular:
If you are keen to make further progress on your research, these sites may well be able to provide further information.
Copies of birth, marriage and death certificates can be purchased from the General Register Office.